6 George Street in 1936 directory and 4 George Street in 1957 city directory.

The Excelsior Inn was demolished in 1979 when it was owned by Gloucestershire County Council to make way for the inner-ring road. After the demolition took place county surveyors examined the adjoining property of 2 & 3 George Street and deemed it to be unsafe and the road was closed for nearly a week. 2&3 George Street was the former annexe of the Northgate Hotel which was owned by Ind Coope brewery.

Landlords:

1936 A.R.J. Raybould

1939 Alfred Howell

1957 S.P. Brookes

Share this Page: