The Eight Bells is a long-forgotten inn that used to trade in Church Street between the old Farriers Arms and the Royal Hop Pole Hotel. It is recorded in the year 1820, when Charles Tallboys was the licensee.

It is something of a coincidence that there was another Eight Bells in Church Street in Gloucestershire – in Tetbury.

Share this Page: