The Durham Arms or Durham House was on the corner of Red Lane next door to the George. It is a red-bricked property and was trading as a pub in 1854, although it had closed at the time of the 1891 licensed premises survey.
From ‘Tewkesbury Pubs’ by B.R. Linnell (1996 edition)
Next to and the same age as the George in the High Street. Still known as ‘Durham House’ though the name is little used today. The front of the Georgian brick hides a 16th century timber frame. It has been greatly altered to make several flats. There was an inn here between 1774 and 1822 and it was known as the “Durham Arms”. 1838/54 but not in 1869. The Causon family held the licence in the 1830’s.