The Ducie Arms was probably once known as the Bolt. A report in a local newspaper (date unrecorded but c.1906) describes the Ducie Arms as “being frequented by women of bad character… that drunken persons were seen coming out at closing time, that there was filthy language, fighting, general disorderly behaviour and indecency outside.”
A pub token provides proof that the Ducie Arms once had a brewery attached.
1879 Frederick Pearce
1881,1885 Mrs Jane Taylor (she had moved to the Railway Hotel in Sharpness by 1891)
1893, 1906 Frederick Ernest Miller