A Cheltenham Directory of 1906 gives the location as being between 14 and 15 St. Georges Street with the numbers running consecutively from 1-20.

William Edwards is listed as the owner of the Dolphin Inn in 1891 and it was classified as an ale house being free of brewery tie. William Edwards was still owner in 1903 but by then the leasehold had been taken on by Arnold, Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery. The annual rateable value remained constant at £21.5s.0d. from 1891 to 1903.

Landlords of the Dolphin Inn include:

1856 Mrs E. Yearsley

1859,1870 John H. Plaister

1878 Joseph Cooke

1883,1891 William Young

1902 Arnold Halsey

1903,1906 William John Cooke

1919 W.H. Seager

Share this Page: