21 Northgate Street in 1906 directory.

In 1908 it was leased to Smith’s Brimscombe Brewery. The Dolphin Inn was referred to the compensation authority ‘as not being required to meet the wants of the neighbourhood’  in March 1906.

1870

The simple bricked built pub was demolished in the early 1930’s to make way for the extension to the Bon Marche store. The Dolphin stood on the spot where Debenham’s Shirt Department later occupied.

Landlords:

1822/3 Thomas Hyett

1830 Thomas Cook

1856 W. Clutterbuck

1859 O. Clutterbuck

1879 C. Day

1885 Joseph Mann

1902 Frederick William Allen

1906 Mrs Jane Loveridge

1908 Mrs A. Etheridge

Share this Page: