18 Cecily Hill in 1927 the directory and 34 Cecily Hill in the 1939 directory. The Dolphin was on the north side of Cecily Hill. The Cirencester Brewery Company purchased the Dolphin Inn on 12th January 1920. The last pints of beer were pulled in the Dolphin c.1930.
The building has been renovated. The metal pub sign bracket has been retained.
Owner in 1891: Exors of Mr D. Mildred (leased to Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1891: £11.5s.0d.
Type of license in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Exors of Mr D. Mildred (leased to Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1903: £11.5s.0d.
Type of license in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Present Use: Private house
Landlords at the Dolphin Inn include:
1820 William Faulkes
1830 John Marks (Dolphin Tavern)
1840 H. Marks
1856 T. Boulton
1871 James Smithers Boulton
1882,1903 Edwin Boulton (Edwin William Boulton in 1885 and 1903)
1906 George L. Smith
1910 Edwin Boulton
1913 G. Collins
1919 Sam Hill
1927,1939 Frederick W. Townsend