The Dog and Badger had an interesting ‘gallows’ pub sign suspended over the street to the adjacent building. The sign was probably only about six feet long. The pub itself was a simple stone building with two square bay windows and a central porched entrance. The building still stands and has now been incorporated into Inchbrook print works at 72 Walk Mill Lane, Kingswood.
Owner in 1891: Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £11.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Smith & Sons, Brimscombe Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £14.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Dog & Badger include:
1856 S. Partridge
1885 James Keel
1891 Edward William Harris
1902 Elisha Jones
1903,1906 Frank Long
1919,1927 William Mundy
1939 Wilfred Adams