The Dewdrop Inn is believed to have been on the eastern side of Townsend Street, not far from the Royal Foresters.
Joseph Simmonds was the licensee, and probably owner, of the Dewdrop Inn in 1870. In the 1891 licensing book of Gloucestershire pubs the owner of the Dewdrop is accredited to representatives of Joseph Simmonds. The pub was leased to the local Cheltenham Original Brewery and had an annual rateable value of £15.5s.0d. and was unchanged twelve years later in 1903. The Cheltenham Brewery were the outright owners of the Dewdrop Inn in 1903. It was licensed as a beer house.
Landlords at the Dewdrop Inn include:
1870,1878 J. Simmonds
1885 Mrs Elizabeth Boyce
1891 George Bullock
1903 Frederick Lewis