The Deans Walk, sometimes referred to as the Quart Pot, is an early 18th century pub.
The Deans Walk Inn is situated by a railway bridge on the Gloucester- Cardiff line. A large rugby ball protrudes from the roof. It is not far from Kingsholm – the home of Gloucester Rugby.
The address is given as 86 St. Catherines Street in the 1957 town directory.
The Deans Walk Inn was flooded in the height of the 1947 floods. Photographs of the time show it to be tied to the Cheltenham Original Brewery.
Gloucester Journal: Saturday, December 6th 1980: The Dean of Gloucester, the Very Rev Gilbert Thurlow, pulled the first pint after he had opened Gloucester’s Deans Walk pub which has been restored after lying derelict for over two years. The Dean is also depicted on the pubs new sign. Joint owners Bruce Drake and Garnett Phillips spent nine months re-decorating the former Whitbread house.
The pub sign features a painting of the Dean of Gloucester, the Very Reverend Nick Bury who posed for the portrait in 2003. The Deans Walk regularly has live music sessions. In May 2008 an outside painting of the Gloucester Rugby Football Ground ‘shed’ was unveiled at the Deans Walk Inn.
Landlords at the Deans Walk Inn include:
1879 W. Baylis
1893 W.D. Edwards
1906 C. Hopkins
1936, 1939 George H.M. Masters
1940 Donald Masters (died in September 1940)
1957 William A. Bell
1980 (Nov),2001 Bruce Drake
2003 Paula Jones
2005 Ian Gare