In 1891 the Cyprus Inn was owned by James Tynte Agg-Gardner of the Cheltenham Original Brewery. In 1903 the pub was owned by the Nailsworth Brewery but after the amalgamation of the two breweries in 1908 the beer was again supplied from the Cheltenham Brewery. Beer drinkers had the choice of either Chelt Ales at the Cyprus or Stroud Ales at the Fleece Inn, which was opposite. The Cotswold stone Cyprus Inn closed c.1967 and is now two private houses.
Map Reference: SO 840042
Owner in 1891: Agg-Gardner, Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £11.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £11.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse (six day licence, presumably closed on Sundays)
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Cyprus Inn include:
1891 Thomas Herbert
1903 Henry Williams
1939 Charles Frank Blake
1956 Mr & Mrs. C.H. Blake (retired about 1956. They celebrated their diamond wedding on 7th August 1971. Mr Blake’s father was previous licensee)