The Crown Inn was situated at the western edge of the southern village green (there were two greens in Kings Stanley). In 1928 the inventory of property owned by the Stroud Brewery Company listed the property as ‘the Crown Inn with cottage and land adjoining.’ The timber framed building was demolished in the late 1950’s. Crown Court now occupies the site. (GL10 3JP)
Rateable Value in 1891: £11.10s.0d.
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Type of licence in 1891:
Rateable Value in 1903: £14.10s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Owner in 1928: Stroud Brewery Company
Landlords at the Crown Inn include:
1891 Alfred Le Cluse
1903 Albert Garnes