The Crown Inn had ceased trading by the time the enumerators had compiled the 1891 licensing records of Gloucestershire beer and ale houses. The last reference to the Crown was in 1870.
It is reported that in 1725 the Crown Inn had a cockpit – the choice of entertainment in the 18th Century was certainly very different and alien to our own culture. The building, at the end of the High Street and near the junction with Ross Road, is now called Crown House. The turning to Lakeside is opposite.
Landlords at the Crown include:
1822,1823 William Loggins
1830,1837 John Jennings
1851,1856 John Hogan
1870 Alfred Harrison