The Crown Inn is now a country hotel and for many years was called the Crown of Crucis. The 16th century building has been much enlarged and the prestigious hotel now even offers conference facilities for up to 90 delegates. The Ampney brook, a tributary of the River Thames, passes through the grounds of the hotel and forms a delightful riverside garden.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and now trades as the Crown at Ampney Brook.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Map Reference: SP 067017
Owner in 1891: Reverend F.S. Sclater (leased Cirencester Brewery)
Rateable Value in 1891: £14.8s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: F.W.B. Cripps, Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £12.16s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Crown / Crown of Crucis include:
1856 C. Holder
1885,1891 Cornelius Mitchell
1902,1906 Eleanor Mitchell (Mrs Eleanor Frances Mitchell in 1903)
1919,1927 William Munday
1939 John Kenneth Low
1998 Bill Leadbeater (manager)
2001 Hugh and Dawn Calvert