The earliest reference to the Cross Keys is in 1739 and it is recorded as the meeting place of a friendly society in 1813. It also gets a mention in the 1837 Robson’s Directory. During the mid 19th century the Cross Keys was kept by Henry Clift, and later by Hannah Parsons who may have served as the last landlady.
There is no mention of the pub in the 1891 licensing book of Gloucestershire.
1837 William Edge (Cross Inn)
1850’s? Henry Clift
1860’s? Hannah Parsons