Martin Edwards, a fellow pub historian, has compiled a list of Cheltenham pubs in the year 1844. He has found a reference to a beer house named the Cricketers Arms at 16 Sandford Terrace, which is now Keynsham Road. This is near the Cheltenham Boys College, the venue of the Cheltenham Cricket Festival. However, the first Cheltenham Cricket Festival took place in 1872 some 28 years after the 1844 reference to the Cricketers Arms.


1844 J. Stroud

Share this Page: