There is only one reference to the Coopers Arms in 1867. It is not listed in the 1891 book of licensed pubs in Gloucestershire. Mike Payne has done some research on the buildings in the village and has discovered that the Coopers Arms beer house and outbuildings were located at parcel 820 on a tithe map. The property is now called Yew Tree Cottage. There is an inscription over the door – RC1810. This could refer to builder Richard Colwell and the date of construction. In the 1851 Census Richard Colwell is listed as a cooper.
1867 Eliza Colwell (listed as a cooper and beer retailer)