Corpus Christi College of Oxford were the owners of the Cooperage Inn in 1891 and 1903 which they leased out to the Cheltenham Original Brewery. The premises had a beer house licence and an annual rateable value of £22.15s.0d.
The Cooperage Inn closed in 1907. It was in the same terrace as the Somerset Arms, which was located just a few doors away near the junction with Kings Street. The Cooperage Inn and the Somerset Arms were both owned by Corpus Christi College and beer was supplied by the local Cheltenham Brewery. The two pubs seem to have been contemporary with each other during the 1891 and 1903 licensing returns, but duplication was more than likely the reason why the Cooperage Arms had closed before the first world war. When it closed the premises was converted to George Knowles, a boot maker.
The pub was situated at the present day 371 High Street (203 in 1900). The premises are now occupied by A.J. Green, printers. There is nothing to indicate that it was once a pub.
Landlords at the Cooperage Inn include:
1878,1891 William Compton
1903 Henry Peck