The Compasses Inn, situated up a narrow side lane, closed in 1924 and later became the village Post Office. The building is now residential and is called the ‘Old Post Office’.
Owner in 1891: Tayler & Co, Cotswold Brewery, Northleach
Rateable value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891:
Owner in 1903: Tayler & Co, Cotswold Brewery, Northleach
Rateable value in 1903: £9.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903:
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Compasses Inn include:
1891 Joseph Varney
1903 Montague Edward Mills