Gratton Terrace is off Great Norwood Street and is now known as Gratton Street.
The Commercial Arms was probably located on the corner with Commercial Street. In fact, an 1878 reference gives the address as Commercial Street. The pub was certainly brewing its own beer in 1883 when it was referred to as the Commercial Brewery. G Cummings provided materials for Home Brewed Beer There was no application for the renewal of the licence in 1923.
Mary Ann Alcock is listed as the owner of the Commercial Arms in 1891 and 1903. She ran the pub free of brewery tie, and the premises was a licensed beer house with an annual rateable value of £21.5s.0d.
Landlords at the Commercial Arms include:
1878 William Alcock
1883 T. Coole (Commercial Brewery)
1891,1903 Joseph Martin