The Colesbourne is a large Cotswold stone inn on the Cheltenham to Cirencester road which was built in 1827. The building has three gables with ashlar quoins and a stone-tiled roof. An advertisement in 1927 stated that teas were a speciality.

Courtesy Michael Wilkes

The Colesbourne Inn has had a long association with Wadworth Brewery of Devizes. The lease was acquired by Wadworth’s in 1962. The stables have been converted to bedrooms.

Image: Gloucestershire Echo (details will be added on updating)
Image: Gloucestershire Echo (details will be added on updating)

This page will be updated with additional information.

Map reference: SP 000133

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: J.H. Elwes, Colesbourne Estate (leased Cirencester Brewery)

Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1903: H.J. Elwes, Colesbourne Estate (leased Cirencester Brewery)

Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords at the Colesbourne Inn include:

1856 G. Lester

1885 George Hiscock

1891 Benjamin Bubb

1902, 1913 Thomas Hendry

1919,1939 Mrs Alice Barnfield

1990,1991 Eric and Mary Bird

Share this Page: