The Coach and Horses was situated on the north side of the Market Place, immediately to the left of the Old White Hart. It was one of the early inns of Coleford, contemporary with the Angel Hotel, Kings Head Hotel, Plume of Feathers and Old White Hart, but obviously not as successful as it was put up for sale as early as 1752. It was sold to William Peters and it appears to have ceased trading by the time of the sale was confirmed in 1761.

The premises is still a hardware store – now occupied by Light Fantastic DIY.
Share this Page: