In 1891 the Central Inn was a free house owned by Mrs Farr. It was licensed as a beer house and had an annual rateable value of £17.0s.0d. Sometime during the next twelve years the Central Inn was sold to Flowers & Sons, brewers of Stratford on Avon.

The Central Inn was numbered 17 Bennington Street in the 1939 Kellys directory. The sequence of numbering in Bennington Street today places 17 Bennington Street next to Smokey Joes café.

Bennington Street.

Landlords at the Central Inn include:

1870 William Green

1878 Frank Palmer

1883 C. England

1885 George Parker

1891 Donald Ferguson

1903 Charles William Miles

1926 Charles Radway

1939 Mrs Florence Radway

Share this Page: