Horcott is a small hamlet immediately to the south of Fairford. The River Coln flows between Fairford and Horcott preventing development between the two settlements.
In the petty sessional books of licensed premises in Gloucestershire (1891 & 1903) the Carriers Arms is listed in the parish of Kempsford.
Map Reference: SP 154004 (Horcott)
Owner in 1891: R.B. Bowley, North Wilts Brewery, Swindon
Rateable Value in 1891: £10.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: R.B. Bowley, North Wilts Brewery, Swindon
Rateable Value in 1903: £10.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10 pm
Landlords at the Carriers Arms include:
1891 John George Harvey
1903 Reuben Scarrott
1913 Mr W. Davis
1939 William Joseph Davis