53 Parliament Street in 1939 directory.
The ‘Citizen’ reported on 5th March 1926 that “there were seven other pubs within 158 yards and that the public house was a live one with a growing trade and the premises were well suited for business.”
The Butchers Arms was still open in the mid 1960’s.
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1891: £15.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Butchers Arms include:
1891 Enoch Horsham
1903 Jesse Tanner
1939 Lionel T. Blick
1950-1960 William (Bill) and Nora Jefferies (Bill was also employed as a lithographic printer)