The Butchers Arms, on the north side of the High Street, closed on 3rd March 1922 and compensation was paid. The property is now residential called Butchers Cottage. The cottage was previously known as ‘Resthaven’ and was occupied by Captain and Mrs Haddleton.
Map Reference: SU 046968
Owner in 1891: E. William Cripps, Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: F.W.B. Cripps, Cirencester Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £11.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Butchers Arms include:
1891,1903 Robert Hemsley
1913 Mr F.T. Carpenter