Mickleton is in the far north west corner of Gloucestershire near the Worcestershire and Warwickshire border. The Butchers Arms was one of the few Gloucestershire pubs to be tied to Sladden & Collier’s Evesham brewery. Sladden & Co. was acquired by the Cheltenham Original Brewery in 1927 and closed down. The pub has stone flagged floors and is timber framed. It is reputedly haunted by Hubert the ghost.
Owner in 1891: Sladden & Collier, Evesham
Rateable value in 1891: £14.7s.6d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Sladden & Collier, Evesham
Rateable value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Butchers Arms include:
1885,1906 William Hazlewood Horseman
1919,1927 Mrs Helen Halford
1939 Arthur Geo. Brain
2001 Richard Armstrong