The license of the Butchers Arms was allowed to lapse voluntarily because of lack of trade. It closed on 2nd June 1916. Rowland Fowles, landlord in 1902, was previously at the Horse & Farrier in the village.
The building is now a private house called the Old Butchers Arms. In the central first floor window recess, which has been covered over, there is an old hand written painted sign which has been preserved.
Owner in 1903: Duck and Reed, Malmesbury
Rateable value in 1903: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Butchers Arms include:
1902 Rowland Fowles
1903 William Keen
1906 Charles Teal