The Bridge Inn closed in 1923 and was demolished
James Leighton was the owner of the Bridge Inn in Tewkesbury Road in 1891 and 1903 and it was leased to the Cheltenham Original Brewery. The Bridge Inn was licensed as a beer house and had an annual rateable value of £15.5s.0d.
James Leighton was also the owner of seven other Cheltenham pubs in 1891 – the Early Dawn in the High Street, the Greyhound Inn in Hewlett Road, the Hop Pole in Gloucester Road, the Midland Inn (Little Midland) in Gloucester Road, the Railway Inn in New Street, the Black Horse in Rosehill Street and the Folly Inn in St Pauls.
Landlords of the Bridge Inn include:
1878 John Stanbridge
1883 Mrs Smith
1891,1903 George Mabson