The Brewers Arms was located on the eastern side of the High Street, approximately midway between the Nottingham Arms and Trinity Street (opposite the Britannia). The Brewers Arms probably sold beer from the Abbey Brewery which was on the other side of the High Street. There is no mention of the Brewers Arms in the 1891 or 1903 licensing books. The Orange Pig wool and knitting shop occupy the building.
Landlords at the Brewers Arms include:
1869 Samuel Hodges
1881 Samuel Evans