There may have been two separate public houses named the Boot in Dursley. There is a reference to a Boot Inn, which stood on the corner of Market Place and the Knapp. It seems probable that on closure the license of the Boot was transferred to the new premises in Silver Street. The Boot Inn stood opposite the Victoria Hall & Coffee Tavern, which was to become the first cinema in Dursley. The Boot Inn was referred to the compensation authority; the Dursley Brewster Sessions declaring ‘that the provision of the sanitary conveniences are not adequate.’
Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse (six day licence)
Landlords at the Boot Inn include:
1856 J. Baggs
1885,1891 Joseph Wheatley
1902 Thomas Silman