Rutland Street is now part of Brunswick Street (South). It was once a maze of high-density housing which became a notoriously crowded slum area. It was partly demolished in the 1934 slum clearance programme. Rutland Street seems to have been named after a property called Rutland Lodge (1806 reference), which was situated near the north end of St Georges Street.
The sign of the Bell at 61 Rutland Street is believed to have been a licensed property in 1856 when J.Davis was in occupancy. Just one year later in 1857 the name of the inn had changed to the Pilgrim, but the pub closed permanently forty years or so later when the licence was transferred to the Malvern Inn in Leckhampton Road.
There were two other pubs in Rutland Street, the Plasterers Arms which closed on 8th February 1917, and the Crispin Inn at 41 Rutland Street.
With thanks to Vic Cole for the research.