The Bell Inn was a two storey Cotswold stone building with a central entrance with an ornate portal. The Bell had closed sometime prior to 1949.
The building, by the fire station, has since been converted into flats and there is no trace of the original central entrance. The present day address is 20 New Church Street.
Owner in 1891: T.S. Crew (leased Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.15s.0d
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: T.S. Crew (leased Messrs N. & W. Cook, Tetbury Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £15.0s.0d
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Bell Inn include:
1830,1844 John Crew
1856 G. Ford (Bell, Coomber’s Mead, Tetbury)
1885 William Wear
1902,1906 Henry Cull (Henry Edward Cull in 1903)
1913,1927 George Beale