The Bell Inn is a Cotswold stone building on the western side of the High Street.
The Bell Inn was once tied to William Turner, Caudlewell Brewery in Shipston on Stour. Turner’s was later acquired by Flowers of Stratford in 1896.
The old stable block to the right of the pub is now converted into three bedrooms.
Map Reference: SP 204326
This page will be updated with additional information.
Owner in 1891: William Turner, Caudlewell Brewery, Shipston on Stour
Rateable value in 1891: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Flowers & Sons, Stratford on Avon
Rateable value in 1903: £22.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Bell Inn include:
1856 W.J. Drury
1885,1902 James Kempson
1903,1919 Alfred Edward Taylor
1927 Mrs Maude Sansom
1999 (Nov) Keith Pendry and Pamela Pell