The Bell, at the south end of Bisley High Street, was in existence by 1796. The license of the Bell Inn was refused on the 29th May 1909 and was closed by 1911. The building was used as the local branch of the Royal British Legion from 1953 until 2002. It is now a private residence called the Old Bell.
Map Reference: SO 904058
Rateable Value 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1891: E. Playne. Playne & Sons, Forwood Brewery, Minchinhampton
Rateable Value 1903: £8.0s.0d. (This is a low rateable value, yet the licence was an alehouse)
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Bell Inn include:
1796 John Clissold (was left the Bell Inn in the will of Samuel Clissold)
1841 John Trinder
1885 Benjamin Backhouse
1891 Benjamin Backhouse
1902,1906 Mrs Emma Naomi Pepworth
c.1909 Mr. Sherwood