The Bell Inn was by the bridge over the Stroudwater Canal in Oil Mills Lane. The Bell was the last of a row of terraced cottages, and was demolished some time ago. Some of the terrace is still there. The landlord of the Bell Inn in 1903, William Brunsdon, had a coal wharf on Ebley Wharf. William had had a son called Arthur who was also a publican at the Anchor Inn at Ryeford.
Map Reference: SO 830046
Owner in 1891: Holmes & Co
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £13.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Bell Inn include:
1891 Hannah Addison
1903 William Brunsdon (William had previously been at the Cross Hands in Painswick)