Numbered 107 High Street in 1903. The Bell Hotel closed c.1907 and was demolished. It stood on the north side of the High Street by the present-day C&A stores and Cheltenham & Gloucester Building Society (corner of Winchcombe Street).
The Bell was one of Cheltenham’s leading hotels with a substantial annual rateable value of £148.15s.0d. in 1891 and 1903. This prestigious hotel was owned by Charles Newbury and Thomas Adams. Beer, wines and spirits were supplied by the Cheltenham Original Brewery.
Landlords at the Bell Hotel include:
1830 George Williams (Bell Inn)
1844 Richard Glover
1856,1883 Benjamin Alcock
1891 H.T. Alcock & Thomas Page
1900 William Stanbridge (Manager). William had previously been landlord of the Red Lion in Little Compton (Warwickshire) from 1851 to 1871
1902,1903 William Herwig