Blockley was in Worcestershire prior to 1931.
The Bell, dating from the 16th century , was the oldest inn in the village. The clubroom to the rear of the pub was used by the Blockley Brass Band for practice. The Bell Inn was occupied by the U.S. 6th armoured division from February to June 1944. It is now converted into residential flats.
Landlords at the Bell include:
1799-1886 James Stephen Lane
Ernest and Kate Barrett
Bert and Molly Figgures (daughter of Ernest and Kate)