The Beaufort Arms had changed its name to the Castle Hotel by the 1880’s. The Castle Hotel is not mentioned in the 1891 licensing records as, by then, it was a temperance hotel. The building was demolished and a picture house built on the site. The Beaufort Arms was situated next door to the Exchange Inn (Knot of Rope).
1849 George Gunter
1861 Robert Luce
1881 George Stanley
1891 Josiah Bennett (Castle Hotel)