The Angel Inn was the first building on the left of the lane to the side of the St Michaels Church. The name of the pub had religious connotations. The Angel closed down in 1918, the license was surrendered and referred to the Compensation Authority. The building was demolished in 1935.
Map Reference: SP158378
Owner in 1891: Joseph Whitford of Bretforton (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £9.13s.4d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Joseph Whitford (leased to Flowers & Sons, Stratford on Avon)
Rateable value in 1903: £14.16s.8d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Angel Inn include:
1841 George Whitfield
1856,1885 John Such
1891 William Henry Bricknell
1902, 1906 Matthew Williams
1918 Mrs Alice Byrd