The Anchor Inn is just outside Thornbury on the Gloucester Road at Moreton. The Anchor was a tied house of the Bournstream Brewery, Wotton-Under-Edge. The rendered whitewashed building is still a popular pub, home to a pétanque team who play on a pitch in the garden.
Owner in 1891:
Rateable value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Anchor Inn include:
1891,1903 Thomas Henry Honeyborne
1926 F.W. Burland (Anchor Inn, Filton, Gloucestershire)
1939 James Hutchins
1991 Jacqui Phillips