Alleyne Lodge is listed in 1870 as being ‘near St. James’s Square’. The occupying landlord was Samuel Rowles. There is no mention of a licensed property of this name in the 1891 licensing book.
Alleyne Lodge in Knapp Road is the branch of Cheltenham & East Gloucestershire RSPCA. The property is located just a few feet from the building in St James Square that was once the Burton Brewery Inn.