The 1861 census gives the address of the Albion Inn as 99 Victoria Street. At that time there were seven properties in the Furnaces area between the Victoria Inn and the Albion Inn, and sixteen further properties going down the hill towards the Bridge Inn. These Victorian houses have been long demolished. A letter in the ‘Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Review’ in July 1998 by Alec Pope of Cinderford High Street explains: ‘Properties in the Census Returns are all given a number. In 1861, three of these numbers give this clue as to where the Albion was. No 99 was the Albion, No 108 was the Victoria, No 124 was the Forge Hammer, the only survivor. From this, with these numbers running south to north, it may be deduced that the Albion was to the south of the Victoria and the Forge Hammer, and must have been somewhere between these and the Bridge Inn it the St Whites area.’
In 1861 Eliza and William Hore were resident at the Albion Inn, and William was also employed as a coal miner. William Dawson was landlord at the Albion c.1867 and there is no mention of the pub thereafter.
The Albion is not mentioned in the 1891 petty sessions.