The Adega was on the western side of Northgate Street. In 1906 the address was 98 Northgate Street. Upon re-numbering the Adega Inn had become 23 Northgate Street (1936 Kelly’s Directory).
The Adega stood on the same site as an inn called the Maidenhead (references in 1802 and 1851), which had changed its name to Tredegar Arms (c.1860-1875), No. 1. Vaults (1879-1880) and the Victoria in 1890.
Landlords at the Adega Inn include:
1893,1919 Ernest Daniel Tandy
1927 Noah Tandy
1936 J.W. Thompson